Cats are wonderful creatures and loving pets. But sometimes you may find yourself ripping your hair out because your pet cat has attacked your lounge or done its business in the kitchen instead of its litter box. These are common behavioural problems of cats and in fact all animals. You can solve these issues by training your cat to do the right things all its takes is a little patience and persistence. Cat training can be a fun and exciting way to interact with your pet and teach it the right things to do. In the end once your cat is fully trained he or she will be a well behaved star.
Why Does My Cat Do This?
This is the question all cat owners ask themselves on a daily or hourly basis. Cat training is the perfect way to stop you from asking this most common question. We at Hollywood Paws offer cat training programs which will help cat owners exceptionally by turning your cats into well trained and behaved pets and stars.
Here are 4 simple steps on how to achieve the best from cat training!
- Cats tend to be overactive creatures which when bored cause destruction. You firstly need to set up a play and fun time for your cat to ensure it that he or she is loved. Daily play session and even relaxing massages can help relax your pet cat. All cats need attention and one of the most common problems which are caused by not enough attention is the cat stops using its litter box. Eliminate this problem just by setting up daily playtime sessions.
- One of the most proven cat training techniques is REWARDS! By helping your cat succeed in daily minor tasks will help your cat realise that what he or she is doing is right therefore it will be rewarded with a snack or toy.
- If your cat loves clawing into your lounge or pillows they are probably doing so because they frustrated and bored. Cat owners can follow this simple step in cat training by finding something which your cat is scared of or doesn’t like. Place this object onto the lounge where the cat love to claw and he or she won’t even think about clawing your lounge again.
- If your cat decides not to do his business in his litter box then don’t yell at him or throw him outside. Just offer him a little more attention and play time and he will be going straight to his litter box and doing his thing.
Your Cat the Social Animal
Socialization is an important part of cat training. This technique of cat training can improvise the follow attributes which will benefit your pet cat immensely;
Coordination and balance are to vital parts of cat training. To implement this cat training technique, owners can let their cats interact with other animals, let the play outdoors and find toys or cat stands which they can climb up and down.
- Learn how to fight and attack their prey. Eg; insects, other cats.
Cat’s natural instincts are to fight or attack their prey. But if they are cooped up indoors they will not use their natural intuition which may lead to them fighting their owners or guests. By taking your cat outdoors they will be able to practice their natural ability. This form of cat training is highly important for your cats self esteem.
- Acceptance from humans and other animals
If you ever have guests enter your home or outdoors make sure that they pay some sort of attention to your pet cat. This will help the cat by you training them to welcome visitors and not attacking them.
- Learning how to interact with humans and other animals
If your cat doesn’t like the sight of strangers or other animals this form of cat training can be helpful and result in your cat being well trained. Teach your cat that it is ok to play with other animals and seek affection off strangers; you can do this by putting them in contact with friendly dogs, humans and outdoor life.
- Stop them from bitting their owners or other animals around the home
If your cat loves to bite and attack then this behaviour is normally caused by boredom. Cats have a lot of aggression and if they do not release it they become feisty. You can stop them from doing so by having play sessions. Play sessions are vital for cats because this is how they release their aggression. Use some fun toys and a little soothing massage and your cat will love the attention and give you cuddles instead of bites.
- Learn how to be comfortable and welcomed around strangers.
Cats can be very territorial of their homes and if someone unusual enters their territory they become feisty and aggressive because hey think they are being attacked or replaced. To solve this issue introduce you cat to guests and make them feel comfortable by including them in your activities with your guests.
By cat training your pet using socializing techniques such as play session and interaction with toys you will be helping your cat to release his or her aggression as cats are known for their aggressive behaviour. Talking to your cat constantly will give him or her great idea of who you are. Using you voice in a deep tone will notify the cat that you are unhappy with their behaviour. Over long periods of time they will recognize this and refrain from what they are doing.
Cat training should not be like boot camp it should be a fun and exciting interact process which will help turn your cat into a well behaved pet that is loved by all the family, friends and other animals.
Cat Training at Hollywood Paws
Does your cat come when you call? When you tell her to stop scratching the sofa, does she listen? Does your tabby heed your demands that he stop doing his business in the hallway instead of the litter box?
Stop laughing! Despite what you might have heard, cats can be trained.
HollywoodPaws’ resident cat trainer, Karen Thomas, is living proof – and she’s ready to teach you the basics of feline-friendly instruction. With the right system of rewards and commands, your kitty will go from standoffish to standing at attention. What’s more, our advanced instruction can turn some exceptional cats into screen pets! You might even qualify to become a studio animal trainer.
Want to Make Your Pet a Star?
Ever thought of seeing your cat in a cat or dog movie? Cat training is essential if you want your cat to be an actor.
Contact HollywoodPaws for more informtion.